Wednesday, 10 August 2005

Useful phrases for travelling in Iran

KBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOTFAN:
Thank you for showing me your marvellous gun.

EKR GABUL CARDAN DAVAT PARH GUSH DIVAR:
I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head with my legs apart.

HOWMAEH FEKR TAMOMEH OEH GORTEH BANDE:
I agree with everything you have ever
said and thought in your whole life.

CASHAL-EH FASHAL-EH TUPHEMAN NA DEGAT MAN GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARIR BEHMESHVAREHMA.:
If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

AUTO ARRAREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPHAHEH- HASTI:
It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.

KHREL JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRIKAHEY:
I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies travelling as reporters.

BALLI BALLI BALLI:
Whatever you say.

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH GHORBAN:
The red blindfold would be lovely excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELLEH BEZORG VA KHUBE BOYAST
INO BEGERAM:
The water soaked breadcrumbs are delicious thank you. I must have the recipe.

[Pinched wholesale from here.]

1 comment:

  1. My guess is that "There is only one god and he is Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet" would be enough...

    It's a shame if that isn't enough anymore these days.

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and invited.
2. Off-topic commenters however will be ignored.
3. Read the post before you comment.
4. Challenge facts presented if wrong, but don't ignore them when they're not.
5. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
6. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)