Tuesday, 23 October 2007

More dating ads ...

After posting those Irish personal ads here last week, I've discovered someone's written a book based on personals from the London Review of Books. Here's some Tim Blair picked out of the crowd:
  • I enjoy vodka, canasta, evenings in, and cold, cold, revenge.
  • ither I’m desperately unattractive, or you are all lesbians. Bald, pasty man (61) with nervous tic and unclassifiable skin complaint believes it to be the latter but holds out hope.
  • Tired of feeling patronised by the ads in this column? Then I’m not the woman for you, little man.
  • Slut in the kitchen, chef in the bedroom. Woman with mixed priorities (37) seeks man who can toss a good salad.
  • When you do that voodoo that you do so well, I invoke 16th-century witchcraft laws and have you burned at the stake. No shenanigans with Quaker M, 39.
  • My favourite Ben & Jerry’s is Acid-Boiled Bones of Divorce Lawyer. They don’t make it yet, but, damn, I can taste its sweet, sweet ice-creamy goodness already. M, 54.
  • I am not an accountant.
My salads, by the way, are legendary.


  1. It's hard to pick a fave - but "I enjoy vodka, canasta, evenings in, and cold, cold, revenge" sounds like my kind of thing.

  2. PC...I wonder if your salad is the one she meant?


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
Construct an argument, not a feud--build a mountain, not a molehill.
Spam will be removed , unless it's been asked for.