One night they measured the temperature inside their tent at 58 degrees below zero, and outside temperatures were exceeding 100 below zero at times, [organiser Ann] Atwood said.So these two did draw attention to something, huh? Yep. It's cold up there.
And in other news: Even the New York Times is now prepared to challenge Al Gore's beatification. "Some of Mr. Gore’s central points are exaggerated and erroneous," concedes the Times, including:
- his claims about the increasing severity and frequency of hurricanes;
- his predictions of catastrophic sea level rises of up to 20 feet, inundating entire states like Florida (even the latest prediction by the alarmist UN climate panel is only 23 inches);
- his declaration that recent temperatures are the highest in a millenium;
- his smug assertion of a scientific "consensus" that humans are the main culprits in climate change;
- his completely ignoring natural climate variability and historic cycles;
- his warning that we face massive increases in malaria and other diseases due to warming; etc.
Frostbite, equipment damage end latest Arnesen-Bancroft trek - Discovery
RELATED POSTS: Global Warming, Science