Wednesday, 18 October 2006

Banana Republic Day

Pass the bananas

Just clarifying what Bernard Darnton will be doing today. From his blog:

Libertarianz will be marking New Zealand’s transition from a land of constitutionally limited government to banana republic by declaring October 18th to be Banana Republic Day. Libertarianz members and supporters will be outside Parliament from 11:30 this morning handing out bananas to mark this inauspicious occasion.

Join him. All welcome. And bring your own bananas.

UPDATE: The Herald notes the protest, but unilaterally declares Libz "right wing." What nonsense.

LINK: Banana Republic Day - Darnton V Clark
Left and right and that post-modern nonsense - Not PC (Feb, 2006)

RELATED: Libz, Politics-NZ, Darnton V Clark, Constitution, Law, Politics-Labour

1 comment:

  1. Just gotta say it again:

    When the Labour stole the election
    I remained silent;
    I did not want to be labelled reckless.

    When they stole my money
    I remained silent;
    I knew it was legal.

    When they came for my free speech,
    I did not speak out;
    That was just campaign reform.

    When they came for me,
    No one could speak out.

    Break out the bananas and bend over boys coz it's all downhill from here


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
(Spam will be removed, unless it's been asked for.)