- On the Fallingwater thread Brian S. commented:
It would be interesting to get the opinion of [Den] and PC on New Zealand's best piece of architecture and also on what each of you consider to be your own best work.Great idea. It will be done. I promise.
- And look out tonight for Den's next piece, a little beauty from Australia... (I'm enjoying this.)
- Oh, and I should also point out that Auckland Architecture Week is also on the go this week: lots of politically correct architecture and architectural debate about. Details here. Tomorrow for example you can hear a lecture at the Britomart Pavilion on 'Sustainability in Urban Design' - in other words, how the concept of 'future generations' is used to hand power to planners, and to empoverish the people of this generation. But you can also, if you book in time, head off on a "guided tour of Auckland's historic pubs." So it's not all bad.
- 4. Architecture v Architecture: 'Price Tower,' by Frank Lloyd Wright - PC
- 3. Architect v Architect: 'Fallingwater' by Frank Lloyd Wright - Den MT
- 2. Architect v Architect: 'Bavinger House,' by Bruce Goff - PC
- What architecture means ...- cartoon
- 1. Rail Switchtower, Basel, Switzerland: Herzog + de Meuron - Den MT
- Architecture v Architecture: Introduction
- Art: there's more to it than just meets the eye.
- 'The Scream ' has been found. Two cheers.
- Are there objective standards in art?
- 'Maturity' - Camille Claudel
RELATED: Architecture, Art, New Zealand