Sunday, 8 January 2006

What I learned on my holidays, 2.

What else did I learn while I was away? Well, I learned that some bloggers don't even stop for Christmas or for intercontinental travel! Phew. That's dedication for you. I learned too that there is more than one perfect breakfast -- I found another.

This one is a version of fried eggs with what the Americans call Hot Biscuits (scones to you and me) and Gravy. For the biscuits, I used my usual wholemeal scone recipe and added pepper, garlic and more cayenne than normal. For the gravy, I used this recipe to make a beautiful vegetarian gravy (no animals were harmed in the making of this breakfast). Time your pots and pans right, and you have the perfect plate of early Sunday avo pick-me-up. Beeaauutiful.

Accompanied by a long glass of iced tea and Brian Eno's 'Another Green World,' it's another perfect Sunday brunch.

1 comment:

  1. Really?? They didn't even stop for intercontinental travel? Holy moly. Crazy fools! :-)

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and are invited to challenge the facts presented herein. Commenters who wish to ignore them however will themselves be ignored.
2. Read before you comment.
3. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
4. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)