Prededed by the smiling disclaimer that "I present this as entertainment, it is NOT a recommendation," the Green Party's 'Frog Blog' has posted a situationalist manifesto calling for an end to capitalism through 'decadent action.' As the poet said, "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest." Here's a sample from the Frog's Friday-afternoon 'humour':
8. Terrorism and violence against the state can be fun but make sure you get the right tools for the job. Sawn off shot guns are crude and could snag your clothes. In short, if you’re going to shoot a cop - make sure you use a nice gun.Advice is then given on appropriate heroes to learn from. Included in this bloodstained list:
- Valerie Solanis - famous for attempting to murder Andy Warhol, and founder of the Society for Cutting Up Men (SCUM);
- Baader and Meinhof - trained by the PLO and the founders and leaders of the Baader-Meinhof terrorist organisation, Baader and Meinhof were serial killers who killed and planned the killing of dozens of Germans in the seventies.
- Noam Chomsksy - apologist for the September 11 attacks, and like Keith Locke, a Pol Pot sympathiser.
- Harry Roberts - "the instigator of the Massacre of Braybrook Street, a triple-murder of policemen in 1966.."
[Anyone want to take bets how long it takes before we hear all the 'Oh, we're only joking'; 'No sense of humour' etc. from the Frog and his Party? It'll probably be my fault for taking offence.]
Linked Post: Consumerism may yet eat its own tail - Green Party