Friday, 3 June 2005

Quiz: What kind of mind do you have?

Here's a quiz for a Friday: Find out the way you think, and what kind of mind you have in a BBC quiz here. Say the BBC, the "quiz is intended to be a fun way to learn about different thinking styles. It can provide you with some interesting information about your preferred ways of creative thinking and problem solving."

Apparently I'm a 'spatial thinker' in the company of Michelangelo and Isambard Kingdom Brunel, so clearly an accurate quiz then :-) Mike, Izzy and myself:
  • Tend to think in pictures, and can develop good mental models of the physical world.
  • Think well in three dimensions
  • Have a flair for working with objects
The quiz also concludes that I'd make a good architect -- fortunate really. Or a mechanic. My car wouldn't agree.

9 comments:

  1. Well, bugger me. I came out as an existential thinker. People often tell me I'm just like the Buddha and Gandhi so there's a coincidence.
    In a fairly unlikely call, the quiz suggested I become a religious leader or, much better, Head of State!

    Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Winefield3 Jun 2005, 11:28:00

    Apparently I am a logical-mathematical thinker. It suggests I'd make a good Biologist - spooky.

    Then in a random call the quiz suggested that I am also a musical thinker and suggested that I could the next Jimi Hendrix...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an Existentialist Thinker as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm an Existentialist Thinker as well."

    Bloody daydreamers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an intrapersonal thinker. Good for psychology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of mind do you have? Evidently thinking styles run in the family. I'm a spatial thinker too. Although I prefer the assessment of Tickle (web.tickle.com/tests/ )
    where I came out as a Visionary Philosopher.
    Description:
    Highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explainging things to others - and at anticipating and presicting patterns.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ZenTiger is a linguistic thinker today:

    Linguistic thinkers:

    * Tend to think in words, and like to use language to express complex ideas.
    * Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.

    Careers which suit Linguistic thinkers include: Journalist, Librarian, Salesperson, Proof-reader, Translator, Poet, Lyricist, Blogger.

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and invited.
2. Off-topic commenters however will be ignored.
3. Read the post before you comment.
4. Challenge facts presented if wrong, but don't ignore them when they're not.
5. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
6. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)