Friday 15 February 2013

I’m so hungry, I could eat a horse!

First, the news:

“British supermarkets have pulled tens of thousands of frozen beefburgers from their shelves after tests revealed that products from Irish supply company Silvercrest contained horse and pig DNA. Tesco was first to remove the products yesterday.” - TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

A spokesman for one supermarket chain said they are not entirely sure how they are going to get over this hurdle.

And in related news:

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse meat burgers from Tesco. Her condition is said to be stable.

Tesco has also been forced to deny presence of zebra in burgers, as shoppers confuse barcodes for serving suggestions.

And Tesco are now testing all their vegetarian burgers for traces of unicorn.

Meanwhile, family counsellors are pointing out Tesco Quarter Pounders may be the affordable way to buy your daughter the pony that she's always wanted!

Anecdotes abound:

A waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had a £5 bet each way !

Had some burgers from Tesco for my tea last night.... I still have a bit between my teeth

Anyone want a burger from Tesco? yay or neigh?

"I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer...THIS TIME, AND THEY'RE OFF"

A cow walks into a bar. Barman says 'why the long face?' Cow says 'Illegal ingredients, coming over here stealing our jobs!'

I hear the smaller version of those Tesco burgers make great horse d'oeuvres.

These Tesco burger jokes are going on a bit. Talk about flogging a dead.. NO! NO NO NO!

Said to the Mrs, these Tesco burgers given me terrible trots.

But some remain philosophical:

To beef or not to beef. That is equestrian.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tesco meatballs are the dog's bollox - shergar

Anonymous said...

Eat horse meat will touring Eastern Europe- yum yum.

IvanK

homepaddock said...

A horse, a horse, my Burger Kingdom for a horse.

Bryan johnson said...

By visiting to the website, you are able to do online shopping of stable matting without any difficulties.