How to look after high-tech guests without the hassle
Looking after guests staying over these days is more complicated than just leaving out some linen and pointing them to the end of the hall where the bathroom lives.
Joelle Alcaidinho and commenters at the Apartment Therapy blog suggest a few tips to help the stay of your high-tech visitor be a happier one, including:
- leave them a USB docking/charging/whatever-the-hell-it-is station for their exclusive use
- leave your WiFi password on the fridge so they can easily connect—and you can find it yourself when you forget it for the fourteenth time
- leave them a large plug box with multiple overseas adapters
- if you have one of those fancy schmancy digital locks, set the guest up with their own code on the front door so they don’t need to be given a key to lose
- keep an extra local SIM card so overseas friends don’t have to waste time looking for one themselves
- and if you’re really keen, “programme a ‘Goodnight’ button in the living room that will arm/lock/turn off all the lights if they stay up later than you do.”
Any other essentials to help look after high-tech guests without the hassle?