Monday, 5 March 2012

QUOTE OF THE DAY: The demerits of devaluation

Since Bernard Hickey et al persisting in promoting a healthy tonic of inflationism to “fix” every problem from the high NZ dollar to excessive lint in your laundry, here’s some common sense as a response:

What difference does it make to the importer of our goods that
the [NZ] dollar is now 5 percent cheaper, if domestic  inflation
has made the price the importer pays in dollars 5 percent
higher? The effect is nil.

                     - David Howden, ‘The Blessings of a Strong Currency

RELATED READING:

5 comments:

  1. Is Bernard Hickey, the new crowned king of the economics' illiterate cock-sucking society? I bet that he is. The guy is simply fucking dumb. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernard Hickey is ok, but there are others that are well respected. .

    I also listen to the guy from australia http://www.forecastfortomorrow.com he is very accurate it is scary. I try to put myself around others that know their shite, and have a good track record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops - I thought I was at the Handmirror for a second there.

    Activism, demo, you old lefty you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Demos, Redgum songs ... I'm starting to think the same myself. :-)

    But why let them have all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes interest.co - the site of Malthusian catastrophe.
    I wonder if the Xmas present to its readership this year will be a suicide pill.

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and are invited to challenge the facts presented herein. Commenters who wish to ignore them however will themselves be ignored.
2. Read before you comment.
3. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
4. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)