Thursday, 8 December 2011

The sound of one hand clapping

Earlier this week I offered tips on how to talk like a wanker.

Today I offer you a video on how to appreciate non-music like a wanker: which is, whatever posturing nonsense is going on up there on stage, just sit there like a pseud pretending there’s really something going on.

Here’s a “concert performance” of John Cage’s famous 4’33”—a godsend if you can find it on a West Auckland jukebox, but a complete joke in a concert hall.

Watch a pair of BBC wankers talk about it, and a whole concert hall of pretentious twats who showed up specially for the occasion…


  1. My favorite version of this is the one where it has been adapted for the bagpipes.

  2. I haven't heard that version. My CD only has the cello or the flute options.

  3. Richard McGrath8 Dec 2011, 22:39:00

    I downloaded a pirated compilation CD of this tune played by 16 different orchestras.

  4. Richard McGrath10 Dec 2011, 17:44:00

    @KG: ... in other words, a bootleg copy


  5. The first piece was really amazing. Din't care much for the second one.

  6. All that this generated for me was a sense of deep loss and grief, that European musical culture has degraded to such a nihilistic and destructive level.

    If I had been there witnessing this revolting spectacle I would have stood up and shouted 'Bullshit!!' and I am amazed that there was nobody in the whole hall who had the guts or honesty to do just that.

  7. If I would have been in that concert, I would have taken my girlfriend to a corner there and root her. The sound of moaning of 2 people having sex in a dead quiet concert hall would have been a much better music. I'm sure that the audience would have applauded & loved it.


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
(Spam will be removed, unless it's been asked for.)