Thursday 8 December 2011

The sound of one hand clapping

Earlier this week I offered tips on how to talk like a wanker.

Today I offer you a video on how to appreciate non-music like a wanker: which is, whatever posturing nonsense is going on up there on stage, just sit there like a pseud pretending there’s really something going on.

Here’s a “concert performance” of John Cage’s famous 4’33”—a godsend if you can find it on a West Auckland jukebox, but a complete joke in a concert hall.

Watch a pair of BBC wankers talk about it, and a whole concert hall of pretentious twats who showed up specially for the occasion…

8 comments:

Andrei said...

My favorite version of this is the one where it has been adapted for the bagpipes.

DianeT said...

I haven't heard that version. My CD only has the cello or the flute options.

Richard McGrath said...

I downloaded a pirated compilation CD of this tune played by 16 different orchestras.

KG said...

"pirated"???m

Richard McGrath said...

@KG: ... in other words, a bootleg copy

~:)

Dinther said...

The first piece was really amazing. Din't care much for the second one.

Dave Mann said...

All that this generated for me was a sense of deep loss and grief, that European musical culture has degraded to such a nihilistic and destructive level.

If I had been there witnessing this revolting spectacle I would have stood up and shouted 'Bullshit!!' and I am amazed that there was nobody in the whole hall who had the guts or honesty to do just that.

Dirty Mind said...

If I would have been in that concert, I would have taken my girlfriend to a corner there and root her. The sound of moaning of 2 people having sex in a dead quiet concert hall would have been a much better music. I'm sure that the audience would have applauded & loved it.