Friday 6 August 2010

The Third Man

 

CLICK THROUGH TO THE THIRD MAN WEBSITE

The-Third-Man-1949-Front-Cover-18180[1] Last year, a wine-maker from Waipara was a guest at my home. After a few drinks, I suggested that we watch the film The Third Man.  One of my favourites. Well, the next time he turned up to my door, he was carrying bottles of 'The Third Man' Pinot Noir and Riesling. They are small volume, artisan crafted wines that use only wild yeasts in the fermentation.  And they’re damned tasty.

I mention this, because they have finally made it up here to Auckland and you can taste them yourself at La Barrique in Remuera today from 4:30 to 6:30.

Don’t be late.

http://www.thethirdman.co.nz/

4 comments:

Sean Fitzpatrick said...

Love to try the Riesling.

drunkasaskunk said...

Surely if you would give a nod to any Waipara winemaker you would hat tip Matt and Lynette@Pegasus.
2 of the biggest legends you could ever meet in the worlds wine world and (with due respect) working on another level from all those around em.Check their shid out PC they're right up your alley I swear

Marcus said...

I fear that title may have now been sullied by the prince of darkness, Peter Mandelson.

Sean Fitzpatrick said...

Pegasus Bay - ohhh yes. Beautiful wine.