You see, the entries for the Air New Zealand Best Blog Award are due in round midnight on Monday, and since other blogs are
Vere simply, the entry requires me to send the judges (and I quote), the
“four best samples of work in the calendar year 2009 that define your blog.”So the question is, which four?
Which is where you come in. Perhaps you could let me know in the comments either which four posts from 2009 you liked best; which touched you, enlightened you or infuriated you the most; or just which ones these five judges* are likely to like.
And speaking of Round Midnight, here’s Joe Jackson** making a surprisingly superb fist of the Thelonious Monk/Cootie Williams standard. Think of it as a “thank you” for your help. :-)
* The five judges are blogger Tim Selwyn, spin doctor Matthew Hooton, marketer Ricardo Simich, new media type Regan Cunliffe, and media maven Martin “Bomber” Bradbury.
** By the way, the rest of the Thelonious tribute album on which this features isn’t bad either.
- LEAKY HOMES, Part 1: The myth of deregulated building
- Just the facts, ma'am
- "No Future" - punk's past
- It’s Bastille Day!
- Can good art be political art?
- ANZAC DAY REFLECTION: War! What is it good for?
- Justice still not being seen to be done
- It's Easter, which means...
- Freedom for me . . . but I’m not so sure about ye