Friday, November 21, 2008

Seven Random or Weird Facts About Myself

I've been tagged!  When the first person tagged me, I was too busy. When Annie Fox tagged me, her cancer card got me thinking.  And now Whale Oil's tagged me, and that makes three -- so being a good blog citizen, here I go: Seven Random or Weird Facts About Myself.
  1. I have a favourite conspiracy theory.  See.
  2. I have an unusual talent or skill: I can offend several dozen people at several paces simply by entering a room.
  3. I once made money by making fine tofu for a natural foods outfit. It was good stuff too.
    And when Britain was in recession and there were 10,000 architects out of work (no this wasn't last week, it was 1990) I made money for a while on the horses.  Yes, I found a system that worked -- just enough of the time, anyway.
  4. I live in a castle.  True story.
  5. I can play 'Sweet Jane' on the guitar.  Not well, mind, but it's recognisable.  Well, I can.
  6. My favourite building in London is John Soane's house, which is now a museum.
  7. There are still more than four-hundred Frank Lloyd Wright buildings I need to visit.  And at least one Wagner Ring Cycle to see at Bayreuth.  :-)
The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules
3. Share seven random or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag 7 random people at the end of the post with their links.
I tag:

4 Comments:

Blogger OECD rank 22 kiwi said...

Explain "the system" that worked for you with the horses?

Was it "always picking the winner"?

11/22/2008 11:57:00 am  
Blogger PC said...

Hahaha. No, oddly enough, it wasn't.

It was a little dodge based on place bets and the odds on horses ridden by leading apprentices -- but it works best in a larger market like Britain. And you need bookies offering better odds than the state's TAB, and allowing off-course place bets.

Other than that, I'll say no more.

11/22/2008 12:56:00 pm  
Blogger OECD rank 22 kiwi said...

Thanks for the tip.

Always interested in Game Theory and how to beat the system.

11/23/2008 05:33:00 am  
Anonymous Falafulu Fisi said...

Eight Random or Weird Facts About Myself

I will add the eighth:

#8) Mr. Peter Creswell is a walking Google.

If one have to submit a query (in a form of question) to PC, the results of the retrieval (answer) will be immediate, thorough and detail.

11/23/2008 07:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

Respond with a polite and intelligent comment. (Both will be applauded.)

Say what you mean, and mean what you say. (Do others the courtesy of being honest.)

Please put a name to your comments. (If you're prepared to give voice, then back it up with a name.)

And don't troll. Please. (Contemplate doing something more productive with your time, and ours.)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home