Friday, 16 May 2008

"Nanny State - Is the Govt OTT in Telling Us What to Do?"

Did anybody else see Close Up last night?  I must confess, I usually skip the flatulent half-hour of non-news on the two main channels, but last night I was seduced to watch by the invitation to watch an investigation of Nanny's advertising -- "Is the government over the top in telling us what to do?" asked the teaser -- that seemed to have noticed Sus's hilarious anti-Nanny rant posted on Libz TV the other day.

Frankly, I think Libertarian Sus has a much better line in ridicule, but see what you think: 

3 comments:

  1. I had to turn it off. Vomitory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only saw the trailer and I have to say that I immediately thought of Sus' vid and that she was the catalyst for this segment.

    Congratulations Sus. Your message went out most successfully. You have a real talent and I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated thanks, RR. I only just spotted this. Very nice of you.

    (Must add that it was just one part of a more serious address. At that point I was working without a proper lectern (& spurned the mike) so it was more informal than usual ...)

    $213 million pa, eh, $98 million of it on TV. Ah well, it's only public money ...

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and invited.
2. Off-topic commenters however will be ignored.
3. Read the post before you comment.
4. Challenge facts presented if wrong, but don't ignore them when they're not.
5. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
6. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)