Monday 14 January 2008

Heroine, heroine, on my wall

                                                  

Why would you have a large picture of Che Bloody Guevara on your wall when you can have a true heroine up there instead to inspire you.  Friend Graham just mounted this large picture of Ayn Rand in pride of place in his new house, cunningly arranged so a couple of the panels can be changed to easily swap the quotes over.  Quotes currently printed are:

You can choose to evade reality, but you can not avoid the consequences of evading reality.

And:

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

And:

Reality is what it is regardless of your thoughts or wishes

Each panel of the poster is 660 x 510, mounted on polystyrene sheet.  If you talk nicely to him, you might persuade him to sort out a few panels for you.  Money might help.  :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my home-office, I hang on the wall each picture (frame) of individuals (Nobel Laureate Physicists) that inspired my way of viewing the physical world and how it works.

- Einstein

- Richard Feynman

- Niels Bohr

- Werner Heisenberg

- Paul Dirac

Anonymous said...

I have portraits of all the 'good people' on my wall...Nixon, Goldwater, Reagan, Milken, Gordon Gekko.

It is very inspiring to have portraits of chaps whom a chap admires.

Anonymous said...

... what about Charles Darwin?

nice to hear from you falafulu

Anonymous said...

Great idea.

Mark Hubbard

Rebel Radius said...

I simply have to have one.

Phil said...

Is it just me, or is there a subtle Lou Reed allusion in the title?

Hope I don't get banned for life for saying this, but that picture reminds me of the cover of his "Transformer" album.

Peter Cresswell said...

Phil, I'm not sure either the title or the picture has the allusions you mention, but I do like the way you're thinking. :-)