Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Inbox Zero

Keeping your email at "inbox zero" is the new way to go, I hear. Great. I'm happy about that. Just a shame for me personally that "inbox zero" is intended to be achieved purposely, not inadvertently: In a recent computer tidy up I inadvertently reduced my inbox to just three messages: a significant drop from the hundred or so unread messages to which I intended to respond, and the many hundred messages to which (honestly, Officer) I intended to return one day.

Oops.

Anyway let's be happy, let's be productive, let's all become "inbox zero" and get our day back. The full 1-hour video for Merlin Mann’s Inbox Zero presentation at Google is available for free down here — or check out this post about the video and slideshow.

2 comments:

  1. It's easy - just be an xtra customer in NZ. My inbox has been zero since 17/08/07. The outbox came out in sympathy on 20/08/07. 2 hours on the phone to them hasn't solved it. Any suggestions - Telstra Clear's looking very attractive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion, as a longtime T/Clr customer (residential/tolls/email), I have no complaints EXCEPT on the very odd occasion I've had to speak to them.

    Earlier this year I had no dialtone - waited a very long 40 mins to report the fault when I was inadvertently cut off! Swore violently, took a deep breath & redialled. After a whole hour of waiting & a menu chock full of options except one that suited, I got a live body. He was really helpful - just as well! - and the next morning a Telecom linesman was repairing the fault. (Yes, it was a Telecom fault but I had to go through T/C being one of theirs!)

    They really have to do something about their waiting times. Not helped by my initial call to Telecom who, in spite of gruffly telling me I had to ring T/C, at least answered straight away!
    That's my only grizzle.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

And make some effort to stay on topic.

(Trolling will be moderated. If it isn't entertaining.)