Tuesday, 24 October 2006

It's that 'nightclub in Napier' joke again

Satire in The Listener. Jon Bridges tries to make the most of one joke.

LINK: Zed-letter day: Conversation at the birth of the Libertarianz - Listener

RELATED: Libz, Humour


  1. OK, that opening comment is silly. I very much doubt any of you guys said that. I know I wouldn't. Greeting all in a group without asking if they want to be greeted wouldn't infringe on rights. I know it's just a joke, but I think it goes to far.

    Other than that, though, it's pretty funny.

  2. LOL - a delightful read. Got me thinking about Zed Zed Top and the NZ fan club....Zed Zed Under.

  3. I didn't know it, it's fairly funny, but sizzles a bit at the end.

  4. I was interviewed on National Radio when I first lodged my court case and Jon Bridges was also on the programme. That's when he came up with the "'Libertarianz' sounds like a nightclub in Napier" joke so he appears to have been working on this gag for four months.


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
(Spam will be removed, unless it's been asked for.)