- the proposal for taxpayers to fund politicians both to run their offices, and to run for office;
- the proposal to force taxpayers to pay for political parties whose opinions they may well despise;
- the proposal to allow the ruling party to force taxpayers to pay for their election campaigns.
- Labour can't find enough people willing to voluntarily write a cheque to support them.
- The slimy buggers have been caught with their hands in the till so they want to legitimise the theft.
- They've been found breaking the rules that define the difference between democracies and dictatorships, so they want to changing those rules.
- They'd rather have everyone talking about changing the rules rather than how they broke the rules.
RELATED: Politics-NZ, Politics-Labour, Darnton v Clark