Sunday, 14 May 2006

Two Sunday memes

Shamelessly Pinched from Mark and Paula:
Meme 1...
Accent: NZ.
Booze: Yes please.
Chore I Hate: Blog memes.
Dog or Cat: 1 cat, a Devon Rex.
Essential Electronics: Computer, stereo - I like to try and injure or mislay the cellphone
Favorite Perfume: The smell of eggs in the morning.
Gold or Silver: Both.
Hometown: Auckland
Insomnia: Yes. Great for getting things done.
Job Title: If I tell you, I'll have to kill you. ;^)
Kids: No thanks.
Living arrangements: Castle on the Hill.
Most admirable traits: I 'let' people win in tennis.
Number of sexual partners: One at a time.
Overnight hospital stays: Three - once for tonsils; once for a finger; once for a knee.
Phobias: Snakes, liberals, Tories.
Quote:
We hold these truths to be demonstrable in reality: that human beings are individually possessed of certain inalienable rights, which are the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of private property and happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among people, deriving their just powers - and only such powers - from the consent of the governed; that all laws legislated by governments must be for the purpose of securing these rights; that no laws legislated by government may violate these rights; that all citizens are equal before such laws; and that whenever any government becomes destructive of these rights, it is in rebellion against its citizens, who may then remove it and institute new government.
Religion: Not bleeding likely.
Siblings: One older blister.
Time I wake up: Depends who (or what) is waking me up ...
Unusual talent or skill: Can offend several dozen people at several paces simply by entering a room.
Vegetable I love: Potatoes, deep fried. Spinach, on pizza.
Worst habit: Not letting people finish their ...
X-rays/MRIs: Chest, neck, head.
Yummy foods I make: Lasagne, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sourdough bread, risotto, Sichuan tofu.
Zodiac sign: Uranus.

Meme 2...
I am: Therefore, I'll think.
I want: More time.
I wish: Wishing doesn't make it so.
I hate: Those who wish without thinking.
I love: Those who think without wishing.
I miss: My youth. ;^)
I fear: James Joyce.
I hear: James Joyce is not as frightening as he appears.
I wonder: Why Wagner's operas are longer than they need to be.
I regret: That Wagner's operas are so long.
I am not: Entirely unhappy at their length.
I dance: To everything other than Wagner. Or in public.
I sing: But not well.
I cry: At funerals.
I am not always: On the computer.
I make with my hands: Architectural models.
I write: Often.
I confuse: Deposits for full contracts.
I should: Charge more.
I start: With gusto!
I finish: Eventually.

TAGS: Blog

2 comments:

  1. I loved this! Great answers.

    I hear you on the "should charge more"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola: tienes un blog genial, lleno de buenos e interesantes datos y quiero compartir contigo y tus lectores más información sobre la raza de gato Devon Rex y un video de fotografías del Devon Rex.

    Espero que te guste mi espacio y dejame un comentario si te apetece

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete

1. Commenters are welcome and are invited to challenge the facts presented herein. Commenters who wish to ignore them however will themselves be ignored.
2. Read before you comment.
3. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
4. Off-topic grandstanding, trolling and spam is moderated. (Unless it's entertaining.)