Monday 18 July 2005

Found: The Smoking Gun


I've received a few e-mails asking: "Where the hell have you been this while?" and similar questions less politely phrased. And there's the answer above. That's me with the smoking gun at the Libz Guns and Fun Event in Northland over the weekend. A prize goes to anyone who can guess what we might have been shooting at.

Julian Pistorius has a short piece on the Event here, but in the name of public taste he says little of the aftermath, which involved a decent curry, a lot of alcohol, an awful lot of rain, and a cabin in the woods. And at that point memory fails me. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was fun, wish I could have made it.

So how did you go with Willie Jackson?

Duncan Bayne said...

I believe they ran out of ammunition before getting to Willie.

;-)

Berend de Boer said...

My guess is you were shooting at the Koran. Did you already get your fatwah?

Peter Cresswell said...

"Did you already get your fatwah?" I'm expecting to see it in the post at any moment. :-)

"So how did you go with Willie Jackson?" I talked myself out of it: I told the producer that repeating 'the taxpayer shouldn't be paying for Maori TV' would eventually get a bit boring for viewers over the course of half-an-hour. :-)