Friday 8 March 2019

"I am proud of the fact that my secondary education was not paid for by the taxpayers of New Zealand but by the farmers of Canterbury and Hawke’s Bay. I ripped them off for 5 years then, and I shall get stuck into them again in the next few years..." #QotD



"I am proud of the fact that my secondary education was not paid for by the taxpayers of New Zealand but by the farmers of Canterbury and Hawke’s Bay. I ripped them off for 5 years then, and I shall get stuck into them again in the next few years..." 
~ former finance minister Michael Cullen (just confirmed as being paid $1062 per day to continue defending the Tax Working Group's envy taxes, despite the Group's disbanding) quoted from his maiden speech in Parliament, 23 April, 1982
. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A month back media breathlessly reported on the progress of an 'unruly family of English tourists' as they shoplifted and ripped off motels and restaurants around the country.
Now another of their compatriates has overstayed his welcome.
The only difference between Michael Cullen and those thieving pikey bastards is that he wants to rob all of New Zealand.

Mick

Richard McGrath said...

What a complete prick.