Frank Lloyd Wright designed Wyoming Valley School in 1957 for the children of Wyoming Valley, Wisconsin, three miles from his home at Taliesin.A simple design, based on the Kindersymphonies project three decades before, it was intended to maximise light inside for the children while presenting nature outside unencumbered. It houses two large classrooms, an assembly area, bathrooms and a kitchen.
Built in 1957, the building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, who donated his design and 2 acres of land to the Wyoming School District in honor of his mother, Anna Lloyd-Jones Wright. She had been a kindergarten teacher and encouraged his lifelong love of learning.
The school opened in 1958 with 46 students in grades 1 through 8. After consolidating with the River Valley School district the building was used by the district 4th graders until being closed in 1990. The building then changed hands several times but mostly remained empty. In August of 2010 the school was given to the not-for-profit Wyoming Valley School, Inc., by Jeff Jacobsen, a local landowner and neighbour of the school.
It is now a cultural arts centre.