Unless you've been living under an ice-floe this weekend, you'll have noticed that the thousands of folk in Paris have produced 31 pages of agreement outlawing warm weather--and commentators have filled thousands more talking about it . . .
- UPDATE: "So Paris does indeed mark a historic turning point. It is the moment when the political panic over climate change finally begins to collide with inescapable realities. However much President Obama and the EU may still want to commit economic suicide by abandoning those fossil fuels which alone make modern civilisation possible, the rest of the world just isn’t going to follow. And this leaves us in the West in a very odd position."
At the Paris climate summit, panic over global warming finally collided with reality - Christopher Booker,TELEGRAPH
- "The Australian ABC news made it sound like Moses was just about to come back from the Mount. ... Both James Hansen and the Wall St Journal are right, [however]. The Paris agreement will achieve nothing for the environment, but transform the economy anyway."
Paris Text out — a quick discussion — More bureaucrats, more money, but there is an exit - JO NOVA
- "This agreement will not meaningfully alter the temperature of the Earth, even under the UN’s own computer models. The bad news is that it plants the seeds of a new UN climate regime that left unchecked will swell into a bureaucratic behemoth."
Paris #COP21 agreement – Watered down but still dangerous - Craig Rucker, WATTS UP WITH THAT
- "In a peer-reviewed research paper based on pre-conference pledges, I measured the environmental impact of every nation fulfilling every carbon-cutting promise between 2016 and 2030. I found that the total temperature reduction will be just 0.048C by 2100.
"Even if we assume that every one of these promises would not only be fulfilled but extended for another 70 years (and countries don’t just import more products from carbon polluting nations) then all the promises made in Paris will reduce temperature rises by 0.17C by 2100."
The trillion pound bill: That's what this respected expert says the climate summit may cost the world each year. And yet, he argues, it will hardly change a thing - Bjorn Lomborg, MAIL ON SUNDAY
- "'Now that the United Nations has officially 'solved' man-made global warming, does this mean we never have to hear about 'global warming' fears again!?"
Climate Skeptics on ‘historic’ UN treaty: ‘Does this mean we never have to hear about ‘solving’ global warming again!?’ - Marc Morano, CLIMATE DEPOT
- "...toothless agreement that will accomplish nothing other than lining the pockets of some corrupt third-world regimes..."
Final draft of #COP21 reached – with a 1 year “opt out” clause - Anthony Watts, WATTS UP WITH THAT
- "The 'final' COP21 Paris agreement has 31 pages and it will go down in history as a certificate of madness and hysteria."
Stunning scientific illiteracy behind the Paris 2 °C target - Lubos Motl, REFERENCE FRAME
- "Science was wheeled into COP21’s hall and was humiliated and made to suffer to the last."
The #COP21 Deal, December 12, 2015: The Day Science Died - William Briggs, THE STREAM
- "The ‘Binding’ Paris treaty is now just voluntary mush. But warmists still want to send energy use and living standards backwards."
The ‘Binding’ Paris treaty is now just voluntary mush - Paul Dreissen & Roger Bezdek, WATTS UP WITH THAT
- "Obama says the treaty can 'save the planet.' The Times says not."
NYTimes contradicts Obama on front page over value of climate treaty - JUNK SCIENCE
- The Guardian’s George Monbiot melts down over the COP-21 “deal.”
Moonbat: Grand promises of Paris climate deal undermined by squalid retrenchments - JUNK SCIENCE
PS: Final thoughts . . .
"It's preposterous for people on the left to complain that Trump is selling fear, even as they warn of rising sea levels that will swallow whole cities and climate change that will soon destroy the ability of humanity to feed itself. Trump seems pretty calm by comparison."
~ Jeffrey Tucker