Truth has neither been the first nor the only casualty of the Syrian civil war, but anyone spending any time on social media in recent days seeing the stories and pictures spewing out purporting to show all manner of dastardlineness committed by refugees from the war will know that truth is among the most recent casualties—and the spew-load tells us the most about about those ready and eager to embrace the untruth.
As I discovered here the other day, neither actual facts nor actual stats are apparently necessary if you’re simply ready to collectivise people.
So I enjoyed this, just one of several pieces debunking sundry bullshit memes about refugees: Calling Bullshit On the Anti-Refugee Memes Flooding the Internet, including
- bogus photographic evidence of ISIS fighters sneaking into Macedonia
- bullshit stories that refugees are not victims of war but are actually hulking bodybuilders (yes, I know)
- more bullshit stories about Saudi and Gulf states not taking in Syrians
- even more bullshit stories about refugees being all cowardly men who have left their women and children behind in a war zone
- more bogus bullshit pictures, some from the other side of the world and others taken as far back as a quarter of a century ago, all purporting to be Europe today
- more bullshit photographic evidence that refugee groups are full of ISIS fighters
Simple advice: check your shit before you post it. And check it really well before you post it here.