Courtesy of AmResolution.Com, here are 12 things you could do in 1975 that you can’t do now…
- You could buy an airline ticket and fly without ever showing an ID
- You could buy cough syrup without showing an ID
- You could buy and sell gold coins without showing an ID
- You could discipline your children
- Your children could buy you sherry from the bottle store
- You could build your own house
- Your children could build a tree house without a permit
- You could pull as much cash out of your bank account as you liked without the bank filing a report with the government
- You could get a job without having to prove you were a NZer or have a stamp in your passport
- You could buy cigarettes without showing an ID
- You could have a phone conversation without the government knowing who called you, and why
- You could open a stock brokerage account without having to explain where the money came from
These are just a few of the thousands of other examples Nanny went and did while our backs were turned.
How many more can you point out?