If you’ve ever wanted to see and get the feel of a proper Montessori environment—there being so many Montesomething classrooms around instead, being just Montessori in name only—then this Sunday at Glendowie Montessori Preschool is your chance.
This is for anyone interested in Montessori education, whether as a parent, a friend of education, or you’re just interested to see and learn more about what makes a Montessori environment tick.
After all, it’s a ‘hands-on’ method of education. So take the chance to get ‘hands on’ with what the Montessori classroom has to offer, and have all those questions answered you’ve always wanted to know, like:
- What is Montessori?
- What teacher / child ratios should I expect to see in the Montessori classroom?
- How might I use Montessori principles at home?
- Is Montessori education work or play?
- What ages best suit Montessori education?
- How does it teach the major curriculum areas like Language, Mathematics, Culture and Practical Life?
- What is the Montessori view of the child?
- How does Montessori education prepare children for life?
Or just send them a question of your own. They love questions.
(And if you already know you want quality Montessori education for your child, feel free to add your child’s name to their Wait List.)
Where: Glendowie Montessori Preschool, 227 West Tamaki Road, Glendowie, Auckland
When: Sunday 4th March, 3 to 4:30pm
What: Montessori Open Day!