Friday 15 May 2009

Bad drivers

Yes, the AA driving survey released today was self-selecting, but its results ring true – that around half NZ’s drivers surveyed admitted to having “gestured rudely or yelled at another motorist who has done something they regarded as dangerous or rude.”

Of course, no one’s ever gestured rudely at me. This week.

But I haven’t gestured at anyone else either.  I’m a very relaxed driver.  I’ve taken the approach that everyone around me is about to do something insane, so when they do I’m never disappointed.  Or angry.

Very relaxed, me.  At least when driving.

3 comments:

Elijah Lineberry said...

All the dangerous and insane driving on our roads is due to the foolishness of allowing women to drive.

Rather a pity the survey does not highlight this glaring fact.

I know I am a libertarian, but as I have said before, I think there should be an 'exception to the rule' and we should ban all females from driving to make the roads considerably safer.

Allowing people devoid of logic, reasoning, common sense or intelligence to be driving a turbo charged deadly weapon does not make New Zealand a safer place...(if you know what I mean?)

Andrew B said...

Well people driving with an open can of beer in their hands are typically quite relaxed.

Clunking Fist said...

Wot Elijah said. But he failed to mention that women have not heard of the laws of physics.