Best NOT PC over the last week . . .
If you missed out on your daily NOT PC fix over the last seven days or so, here’s what ranked best with readers who didn’t:
- Shop owner cleared . . . but to police he’s still a criminal
My congratulations to shop owner Virender Singh, who fought back against intruders into his shop only to have to fight back against police who charged him for having the temerity to defend himself.
- The Earth Hour scam
Earth Hour! The Shut-Your-City-Down-Hour. What a lot of self-aggrandising, warmist blather –blather that’s neither real, nor effective.
- Something to keep in mind during ‘Earth Hour’
What motivates people to huddle in the dark instead of celebrating human achievement?
- NOT PJ: Wogs, Wops, and Chinks Need Not Apply
Beware of whiny ignoramuses who think their best qualification for a job is an accident of birth rather than, say, talent.
- Obama’s “Road to Hell” mistranslated, says Czech blogger
Reports that Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolánek described the ObamaMessiah’s “rescue” plan as a “road to hell,” in a speech to the Strasbourg parliament, are inaccurate, says Czech blogger and Free Radical writer Luboš Motl.
- Quote of the Day: Peter Schiff
“Printing money is merely taxation in another form. Rather than robbing citizens of their money, government robs their money of its purchasing power. “
- Peter Schiff, from his article ‘The Fault Lines Emerge.’
- Clever and creative billboard advertising
Billboards don't have to be as boring as National's blancmange offerings last year, as some of these examples demonstrate.
Have a great weekend!