Thursday 15 January 2009

Patrick McGoohan (1928-2009)

I've just learned, via Craig Ceely's blog, that actor/director/writer Patrick McGoohan, the creator and star of the classic TV series The Prisoner, has died.
I'm in shock.

Thank goodness the Free Radical magazine managed to interview him before his death.

Click to hear this important message from that first series:
"I will not make any deals with you... I've resigned... I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own."
NB: Read a full obituary and tributes at http://www.theprisonerappreciationsociety.com/.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick is in fact a close cousin of mine.

Thank you PC for mentioning him on your blog.

'I Am not a number - I Am a free man'

Paul said...

A sad loss.

Anonymous said...

oops PC the last link failed.

the display is correct but the underlying code has ".comlocation" tacked onto it.

SG

Anonymous said...

Well I'm in shock too. The Prisoner was one of my favourite TV series when I was a child (I didn't wanted to be a Jedi).
Anyway, it is sad.
By the way, Happy New Year to you PC and to C. Wish you all the best.
We are finaly nicely settled in Oz. It's hot here. The blue mountains are still blue. Sydney is very busy.
Happy to be here rather than in the frozen France. Marseille is under snow. Paris is freezing with 10 celsius degrees under 0. A terrible global warming this winter...
Take care, cheers.

Anonymous said...

The Prisoner was a truely excellent series. RIP Mr McGoohan.