Monday, 14 April 2008

Money, happiness & all that good stuff

'Money can't buy happiness' is the conclusion of a recent survey. Well, yes it can, says philosopher Tara Smith -- and does.  See 'Money Can Buy Happiness' [pdf]. I'm sure even Cactus would approve.


  1. Elijah Lineberry14 Apr 2008, 17:00:00

    Michael Caine summed it up well when he said..."money can't buy happiness is what rich people tell poor people so they will not get jealous" ..ha ha

  2. Thanks, PC. I look forward to reading that article in its entirety.

    Reminds me of the time I was helping out with the morning tea at my grandmother's bowling club's open day - I know how to live!

    I was wearing a company t-shirt from one of my Californian housemates who worked for Oracle, emblazoned with "Happiness is Positive Cashflow!"

    An older lady spotted it and said with some satisfaction: "Honey, I couldn't agree more!"

    "You don't buy that 'money can't buy you happiness' thing, then?" I said.

    "Hooha", she said. "If I'm going to be miserable, I'd rather be miserable in comfort!"

    Words of wisdom from a Taranaki bowler! :)


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
(Spam will be removed, unless it's been asked for.)