Tuesday 27 November 2007

Spam

Since yesterday my inbox has been flooded with junk email originating from various .de and other domains spoofing a service@paypal.co.nz address claiming I haven’t updated the privacy policy and “Failure to accept the updated PayPal User Agreement and Privacy Policy within 3 days will result in limited access to your PayPal account." The emails all include the same fraudulent “PayPal security updates” link. I don’t have a .co.nz PayPal account but I do have one with the .com, and a careless user could easily click on the link if not vigilant.

If you have a PayPal account, check the security tips on the website and forward spoof emails with the header information to
spoof@paypal.com.

1 comment:

PM of NZ said...

I got the same from paypal.co.nz today. Do not have a paypal account, so junked it. Looked very suss.