Monday, 5 November 2007

Frightening food

Just in time for lunch: The World's Six Most Terrifying Foods.


  1. Heh. I had lutefisk in Sweden for Christmas a couple of years back. Not really gross per se, just insanely flavorless. It's like eating a texture (and not a very pleasant one). The idea is you smother it in sauce to give it some kind of flavour - my girlfriend's Dad was the only one who made any pretence of actually enjoying it, to me it seemed liek a bizarre Christmas penance ritual.

    Surprised lutefisk made the list when surströmming missed out - Google that one for gross Swedish foodstuffs...


  2. I thought I was an adventurous diner - but apparently not. That baby mice wine was the worst, I think.

  3. Sheep's head for dinner? Delicious. I had one in Kuwait in the mid 1990s.

  4. I'd have the sheep's head with no problem. I would eat the maggot foods on a dare. But the others ...

  5. Wasp maggots at Hokitika. They pop like fish roe and taste like honey. Yummo.


Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
(Spam will be removed, unless it's been asked for.)