Wednesday 2 August 2006

Up and Away - Michael Newberry, 2006

Up and Away (left), is one of six recently 'signed off' Newberry works produced since his move to New York.

"The energy of New York," he says, "is influencing my art in dramatic ways; I am exploring color, light, and composition possibilities."

About this piece he says, "My favorite part of the set up for this still-life was the brightness of the white silk against the brilliant yellow linen...

"I think it turned out to be a pleasing yet dynamic composition. I also painted this in a technique of working from light to dark. I started with sketching in the oil the silk and then moved progressively on to the darker colors; this technique facilitated a very luminous quality."

Read more here.

LINKS: Recent Additions to Romantic Realism - Newberry Art
Up and Away - Michael Newberry
Newberry Workshop

RELATED: Art

No comments: