▼

Sunday, 8 January 2006

What I learned on my holidays, 2.

What else did I learn while I was away? Well, I learned that some bloggers don't even stop for Christmas or for intercontinental travel! Phew. That's dedication for you. I learned too that there is more than one perfect breakfast -- I found another.

This one is a version of fried eggs with what the Americans call Hot Biscuits (scones to you and me) and Gravy. For the biscuits, I used my usual wholemeal scone recipe and added pepper, garlic and more cayenne than normal. For the gravy, I used this recipe to make a beautiful vegetarian gravy (no animals were harmed in the making of this breakfast). Time your pots and pans right, and you have the perfect plate of early Sunday avo pick-me-up. Beeaauutiful.

Accompanied by a long glass of iced tea and Brian Eno's 'Another Green World,' it's another perfect Sunday brunch.

1 comment:

  1. Really?? They didn't even stop for intercontinental travel? Holy moly. Crazy fools! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.