▼

Friday, 8 June 2018

Bonus Quote of the Day: "Free trade is not that fragile. But ... "


"The old line is that a reputation takes decades to build and can be destroyed in an hour. Free trade is not that fragile. But [the present political support for free trade] may be more fragile than many of Donald Trump's supporters believe. I hope they are right, but I fear and, more important, I believe they are wrong."
~ David Henderson, from his EconLog post 'Trump's Dangerous Game'
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.