▼

Monday, 28 May 2018

Bonus Quote of the Day: "I think we are standing in the quicksands of NZ education right now"




 
"I think we are standing in the quicksands of NZ education right now... We are going to be going into a deep, dark place in what I see as a lack of responsibility by the adults for the children in this conversation.
    "I frankly believe that the removal of NCEA Level 1 in the manner that they are describing it - literacy and numeracy and even having a conversation about does financial and civic literacy fit into that definition of literacy - is a very, very dangerous start."
~ Auckland Grammar principal Tim O'Connor, commenting on the Government's "radical changes to senior school exams [that he slams] as "dangerous" and "irresponsible."
[Cartoon by Nick Kim]
.

1 comment:

  1. Conversations with the totalitarian left are meaningless. Leave them in the swamp. Parents will have to pay at underground private schools for a decent education.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.