▼

Saturday, 1 October 2005

Books around the house

Here's a bunch of what I'm reading at the moment. If you're not interested, just turn the electronic page.

Putting Humans First: Why We Are Nature's Favorite, by Tibor Machan

Ludwig von Mises: The Man and His Economics, by Israel Kirzner

Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo

The Business of Ecology, ed. by Leigh Cato

The Essential Hemingway, by Ernest Hemingway

Music and the Mind, Anthony Storr

I'm enjoying all of them immensely. Do you generally have more than one book going at once? It's always worked that way for me.
Categories:

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I usually have a few out at any given time.

    When I'm writing, I always have a stack of refference books and research material lying around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A third of the way through is plenty far enough for 'Catch 22.' It gets no better for reading any further. ;^)

    The other two sound worth a read -- I have no doubt Dawkins does the topic justice.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.