When did a rich person ever give me a job? The rich don't "give jobs".
A job is not a gift, it is an exchange of time for money.
I do understand that you despise poor people for not having the same good fortune as yourself, but when you pick a quote for the day, maybe try thinking it through a little better.
I don't, and I'm pretty sure Peter doesn't despise poor people because they're poor. However I do, and I think Peter too would despise those who despise the rich because they're rich.
I think we all understand both sides benefit. The worker gives his time, the employer gives his money in return. But please tell me - if the flip side of the that relationship had been stated - eg: "don't hate the workers, you need the workers to run your factory" - would you have also objected to the quote in the same way? If not why not?
You're right--rich people don't give jobs. And I wouldn't want a job that I was given. My employer continuing to employ me is the best mark of my quality. A job given to someone is nothing but charity. The employee may rise to it, but it starts as nothing but charity. Knowing that you're a charity case is corrosive to a man's soul.
As for benefits from my job, the biggest is the paycheck. The second-biggest? Other people deal with the crap I don't enjoy. I don't have to deal with Accounts Payable, or Human Resources, or figuring out which chairs to pick for the office. I can go in, do the work I enjoy and which I'm paid to do, then go home. That's no small thing.
You're right. A job is an exchange of time and money. See if you can complete the sentence: "I have the time, and they have the _ _ _ _ _." I do understand that you despise rich people (isnt tha stupid, despising someone because of what they have in their pockets?), but since no-one gets paid until things (or services) get sold, isn't it great that someone has the _ _ _ _ _ to pay people in advance to do and to make the things that lots and lots of people value enough to pay for? But you still haven't answered the question: When *was* the last time a person ever employed you?
We welcome thoughtful disagreement. But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me. PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.
When did a rich person ever give me a job? The rich don't "give jobs".
ReplyDeleteA job is not a gift, it is an exchange of time for money.
I do understand that you despise poor people for not having the same good fortune as yourself, but when you pick a quote for the day, maybe try thinking it through a little better.
I don't, and I'm pretty sure Peter doesn't despise poor people because they're poor. However I do, and I think Peter too would despise those who despise the rich because they're rich.
DeleteI think we all understand both sides benefit. The worker gives his time, the employer gives his money in return. But please tell me - if the flip side of the that relationship had been stated - eg: "don't hate the workers, you need the workers to run your factory" - would you have also objected to the quote in the same way? If not why not?
DeleteYou're right--rich people don't give jobs. And I wouldn't want a job that I was given. My employer continuing to employ me is the best mark of my quality. A job given to someone is nothing but charity. The employee may rise to it, but it starts as nothing but charity. Knowing that you're a charity case is corrosive to a man's soul.
DeleteAs for benefits from my job, the biggest is the paycheck. The second-biggest? Other people deal with the crap I don't enjoy. I don't have to deal with Accounts Payable, or Human Resources, or figuring out which chairs to pick for the office. I can go in, do the work I enjoy and which I'm paid to do, then go home. That's no small thing.
You're right. A job is an exchange of time and money. See if you can complete the sentence: "I have the time, and they have the _ _ _ _ _."
ReplyDeleteI do understand that you despise rich people (isnt tha stupid, despising someone because of what they have in their pockets?), but since no-one gets paid until things (or services) get sold, isn't it great that someone has the _ _ _ _ _ to pay people in advance to do and to make the things that lots and lots of people value enough to pay for?
But you still haven't answered the question: When *was* the last time a person ever employed you?
Correction: But you still haven't answered the question: When *was* the last time a *poor* person ever employed you?
Delete