Tuesday 6 December 2005

Christmas daydreams

It's about that time of year when daydreams turn to what might appear under your Christmas tree with your name on. Anyway, that's where many of my more polite daydreams have been heading, which is odd really since the one thing missing in our lounge is a Chrismas tree.

Anyway, if any of you nice people reading this really, really did wish to club together to make my year (that would be lovely, wouldn't it?), I really wouldn't complain if one of these gems was to appear under my Christmas tree:
  1. Ken Burns's 'American Lives' DVD mega-set -- eight biographies of American originals, including Mark Twain, Thomas Jefferson and Frank Lloyd Wright (the last of which I reviewed some years ago when it came to Auckland).
  2. A USB beer cooler (pictured above). Every home and every office desk should have one. [Hat tip Real Beer]
  3. Front row seats for Parsifal in Wellington in March. (In fairness, lesser seats would also be gratefully received.)
  4. A boxed set of all Beethoven's Nine Symphonies, conducted by Arturo Toscanini, or the enture Solti Wagner Opera Collection, or the Complete 19966 Emma Peel Avengers Megaset! Rzzzzzzz!
  5. Anything -- anything at all! -- from my Amazon Wish List. Or even a book voucher from Time Out bookstore with as many zeroes as you can manage. Look, I'm really not at all fussy, honest...really...hey, where are you going...?. :-)

3 comments:

Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling said...

"Rzzzzzzz!"

???

Peter Cresswell said...

Yep. "Rzzzzz." You have a problem with 'Rzzzzz' dear boy? Clearly weasels have never ripped your flesh. ;^)

I refer of course to the classic Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention album cover, which you can see here: http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1011575/a/Weasels+Ripped+My+Flesh.htm

:-)

Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling said...

Oh crap, I missed a Frank Zappa reference live on the blogosphere for all to see. My meagre Zappa collection is currently in the hands of Paul from About Town.