▼

Sunday, 13 November 2005

On Blogging

Thinking of starting your own blog? Rajesh Setty has a Blogging Starter Checklist for you, most of which I haven't done myself, partly because I have no idea what some of his suggestions actually mean -- what for example is a 'chiclet'? -- and partly because I've already tried and failed on others (I have yet to get my categories to work successfully for example, but I will have another go some day). [Hat tip Robin]

And the Business Opportunities Website has calculated the monetary value of blogs, basing their figures on the recent purchase price of Weblogs Inc. by AOL. See what yours is worth according to their figures.
The Technorati Weblog also scores zero, but it doesn't make this blogger feel any better. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that DPF's is also palpably worthless. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Odd. My old URL is worth $6000, but my new one is worthless. Considering the old one was only in use for the first month! Heh. Time to have a cheer-me-up-beer.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.