Wednesday 10 August 2005

Useful phrases for travelling in Iran

KBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOTFAN:
Thank you for showing me your marvellous gun.

EKR GABUL CARDAN DAVAT PARH GUSH DIVAR:
I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head with my legs apart.

HOWMAEH FEKR TAMOMEH OEH GORTEH BANDE:
I agree with everything you have ever
said and thought in your whole life.

CASHAL-EH FASHAL-EH TUPHEMAN NA DEGAT MAN GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARIR BEHMESHVAREHMA.:
If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

AUTO ARRAREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPHAHEH- HASTI:
It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.

KHREL JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRIKAHEY:
I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies travelling as reporters.

BALLI BALLI BALLI:
Whatever you say.

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH GHORBAN:
The red blindfold would be lovely excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELLEH BEZORG VA KHUBE BOYAST
INO BEGERAM:
The water soaked breadcrumbs are delicious thank you. I must have the recipe.

[Pinched wholesale from here.]

1 comment:

Berend de Boer said...

My guess is that "There is only one god and he is Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet" would be enough...

It's a shame if that isn't enough anymore these days.