▼

Wednesday, 10 August 2005

Traffic jams

I love a quote that makes you see things differently in the space of just one sentence. This by Andrew Galambos does just that:
A traffic jam is a collision between free enterprise and socialism. Free enterprise produces automobiles faster than socialism can build roads and road capacity.

4 comments:

  1. One should get out of the other's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do a search on 'Galambos,' Brian. He's got loads of good quoteable stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or if it's a few more relevant political quotes you're after, you could have a look at the new Libz newsletter, from where I pinched that one. :-)

    They're scattered across the bottom of each of the newletter's pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this quote by Bill Hicks;

    "My final point about alchohol, about drugs, about pornography...What business is it of your's what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I don't harm another human being whilst on this planet? And for those of you having a little moral dilemma on how to answer this, I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS! Take that to the bank, cash it and take it on a vacation outta my fucking life. And stop bringing shotguns to UFO sightings, they might be here to pick me up and take me with 'em."

    ReplyDelete

We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.