Asked about charges he may face in the US, the Polish director told the court today: "As far as those events are concerned, I would not even start to justify myself. What I did was wrong and I don’t see why I should go back to this for the purposes of this trial."Polanski is still marooned in France, unwilling to travel for fear of arrest on these charges. I can't say I've ever been too sympathetic to his plight myself.
▼
Tuesday, 19 July 2005
Roman Polanski finally admits 'I was wrong'
1 comment:
We welcome thoughtful disagreement.
But we do (ir)regularly moderate comments -- and we *will* delete any with insulting or abusive language. Or if they're just inane or off topic. It’s okay to disagree, but pretend you’re having a drink in the living room with the person you’re disagreeing with. This includes me.
PS: Have the honesty and courage to use your real name. That gives added weight to any opinion.
Agreed. Not ok by anyone's standards. Does France not have an extradition treaty with the US? If so, how has he managed not to be extradicted thus far?
ReplyDelete